Oh, glorious day. Valve must have finally listened to what the community was saying and have removed the +50 health bonus from the backburner. No more indestructible pyros running through entire teams.
Valve also has tried to allow crits even on servers where critical hits aren’t on. Sniper headshots, The Backburner, The Axestinguisher and now they have “fixed” the Kritzkrieg. Now that this is a viable alternative in match play, I wonder if anyone is actually going to use it.
Entire update included below.
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
Team Fortress 2
- Fixed team switches on Attack/Defense maps spamming the console
- Fixed the Kritzkrieg not working on servers with crits turned off
- Fixed some clipped localized strings in various in-game dialogs
- Fixed several cases where files were synchronously loaded while the game was running
- Fixed a shutdown crash in the material system
- Cached rendering of item model panels to improve performance, in particular while weapon selection was visible
- Added a gear symbol behind the health bar for Engineer buildings, in both target IDs and freeze panels
- Players killing themselves will now give a kill credit to the last enemy who damaged them
- Fixed grenades, rockets, and flamethrower being able to fire through grates at round starts
- Fixed players being killed and creating ragdolls during team switches
- Fixed various exploits and performance problems in CP_Badlands, CP_Well, and CP_Fastlane
- Removed health bonus from the Backburner